Friday, February 26, 2021

Class Meeting Feedback

 Today, we had a class meeting that allowed a small group shares their ideas and progress for their portfolio project. We all talked critiques and gave feedback on each other's projects. I found this activity very helpful, not only was I able to get feedback from another perspective in my own project, but I was also able to help others that needed some advice.

One of the best feedbacks I received was "show, not tell." My classmates really emphasized this phrase and elaborated it in many ways. At first my basic idea relied too much in dialogue, mainly relying in dialogue as a type of narration of the story is not the best idea if you want to do a drama. Showing what those characters want to do and achieve instead of telling the audience, can make it easier to convey certain emotions to the audience. 

That phrase not only was a correction, it was also a suggestion. One of my friends suggested to make sure to have everything right on a scene. For example, make sure everything in my characters room matched with his personality. Moreover, mentioned that it would be good for my idea to add some symbolism, for example, using accessories that symbolize the way he wants to achieve a certain thing. This was a quick and awesome reminder that as directors of our own movie, everything is a prop, from costume to accessories everything needs a reason to be there, a meaning, or a symbolism.

After this awesome input, one of the things that really stuck with me was to relax on the project. They mentioned that I was rushing on the entire process developing this project. This group exercise allowed me to compare my progress to the progress of my class mates. With this I noticed that while I was already starting to storyboard, they were making sure their research was good enough so that they can be able to replicate their wanted genre. I am going to keep up the same pace, but whenever I need to, I am going to slow down to make sure that everything is good enough to keep going. After all, this project should be fun to make with your teammate while utilizing the elements learned in class, there is no need to rush it and be stressed about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment