Thursday, March 4, 2021

Borderline Screenplay

    As we have already created our first plan, which is the storyboard, we can be able to create a script. This will make it easier to follow along as we shoot and edit the scenes. Making the script takes us one step closer to the actual filming process, which I have no doubt will be fun to do with my teammate and castmember. 

    Hereunder, the script:

1. INT. PETER’S ROOM - DAY
PETER is sitting in his room listening to a college night meeting where a teacher talks about the high school senior's future.
Peter is seen anxious for the meeting to end so that he could do something else like playing games.
Once the meeting ends he regrets having that underachiever attitude.
2. EXT. STREET - DAY
Peter is walking his dog while he walks alongside MICHAEL as they talk.
PETER
Yeah it was kinda annoying
MICHAEL
I mean, you were the one that joined it
They do those college meetings every couple of months
But this was the first one you ever joined?
PETER
Well... yeah.
(chuckles)
Are we even supposed to know what we wanna study in college though?
Peter turns to Michael
PETER
Do they really expect us to?
MICHAEL
I guess, but it does not really matter, I do know what I wanna study.
And... I know how I'm gonna do it.
Michael looks at Peter with a happy face
PETER
No way!
Michael nods
PETER
You got accepted?
MICHAEL
Full ride
PETER
Dang bro! That's amazing, I knew that track thing was gonna pay off man.
I am so happy for you!
MICHAEL
You are next!
PETER
Hahaha, I really don't know about that
MICHAEL
Again? Are you kidding me?
I already told you: YOU are going to college, YOU are going to get accepted, YOU can do it
But you gotta make an actual effort though, do not prove your parents right.
Peter's phone vibrates, when he checks it, it is PETER'S DAD
PETER
Huh, talking about my old man
Peter answers the phone
PETER'S DAD
Where are you?
PETER
Taking Mya for a walk
PETER'S DAD
Well, stop wandering around and get home, I received another message from Ms. Miller saying...
Peter takes the phone off his ear and mutes it
PETER
Gotta go, let's go Mya
MICHAEL
See ya then
3. INT. PETER’S HOUSE - DAY
Peter puts the phone back in his ear and his dad is still talking about Ms. Miller's message
He walks through the house back to his room still listening to his dad
PETER'S DAD
I've told you a million times, don't leave stuff for the last minute because then this happens.
I already went through school, why do I have to keep getting messages from teachers.
This is supposed to be your responsibility, not mine.


He looks at his agenda and reminders of the schoolwork he has to do
PETER'S DAD
Get working
PETER
Uhuh, sure, on it.
As Peter hangs up the phone he connects to an online game
The doorbell rings
Peter opens the door and Michael is still outside

MICHAEL
(chuckles sarcastically)
Literally, just hung up the phone and you are already connected on the game?
PETER
Bro, don't judge I am really stressed right now.
Not really feeling like doing any work
MICHAEL
What about what we were JUST talking about?
PETER
What about it?
MICHAEL
The part where you have no idea what to do in college.
But more emphasis on the part where I bet you feel guilty for not knowing what to do.
PETER
Yeah but there is nothing I can do about it, other than dealing with it
MICHAEL
(sarcastically)
Umm, yeah there is
Have you thought about maybe looking for that one thing that fills you?
PETER
But...
MICHAEL
But that is why I am here for
Consider me your helper on this journey for inner understanding
Michael and Peter smile at each other


It is worth mentioning that any previous planning (storyboard, script) are subject to change in case we find we can do something better or if we encounter minor details that can be improved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment