Friday, March 19, 2021

Casting Issues

 So far our most major issue was the unavailability of one of our actors. Initially I talked with one of my friends (that has appeared previous projects I have done) if he wanted to be on this project, which he said yes. The problem came the week that we actually had to start filming where he said he was not going to be available. This happened even though we had several schedules showing what days we would film and what and how much we would film each day, even trying to adjust to his schedule, but he just could not make it. 

Because of this, we decided to replace him as the main character, so he would move on to be the secondary character while my partner would be the main character. This way, the weekend he was unavailable, I could be able to film the scenes that only required the main character (my partner) so that we would leave the scenes of the two of them for the weekend he was available. 

However, the next week came and he still put up many. At this point, me and my partner were tired of all these excuses, after even trying to change our entire filming schedule just to match his. So after this we just entirely replaced him. I had to take on the role of the secondary character.

This not only previously affected these schedules, but it also greatly affected our planning too. We did such planning, like the storyboard, while thinking of having three people: two actors, and a cameraman. Initially, I was going to be the cameraman. However, since both me and my partner were forced to act, we had to change up our plans and figure out a way to have both of us while still filming. 

Our solutions so far have been to film normally like I wanted to with the scenes were its just one character. But, for the scenes that require us both to be on the shot, we had to invest on a tripod. Even though, this entirely changed our planning, I believe that we can be able to overcome this and still produce a good outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment